Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

The Hood Internet Remixes R. Kelly and Phoenix


It's been a certifiably crappy week stateside. I think we can all agree on that. The best I can do for you this Friday is direct you to two and a half minutes of remix magic entitled "Ignition (1901 remix)" by the Hood Internet. As you might gather from the title, it is nothing other than R. Kelly's "Ignition" diced up with Phoenix's  "1901." Or if you're like me, it's a collision between the spring of 8th grade and sophomore year of college. Wowzer, you know what I mean? Those were different times.

Anyway. R. Kelly and Phoenix did some collaborating at Coachella last weekend. Couldn't get anyone to tell me why, but I guess that's irrelevant now. The Hood Internet took it upon themselves to recreate the remix and here we are. Take a listen. Oh, and you can download it too. (WHAT.)



Bonus round: I also found an interesting mashup of "1901" and "New Slang" by the Shins. I wish my brain worked that way.

No comments: