Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Give A Little Love" : Sufjan Stevens



I ran into a song by Sufjan Stevens the other day called "Give A Little Love." Technically the song, or rather unfinished demo, hit the Internets back in March, but I'm going to go on a limb here and say maybe it got by you too. Apparently he found it on an old hard drive and stuck it on his Tumblr. May we all find such things on our hard drives.

Stevens suggested it might be an outtake from 2010's All Delighted People. That's funny to me because  I didn't dig that album very much (definitely not as much as I loved Age of Adz), but I love this track. There's something buried way down in the melody that's mildly Motown. Also, I like to pretend Stevens keeps a full choir of people stashed in a room in his apartment.

No comments: